Make the most of your trip with Skye Guides
Summer is the busiest time of year for Skye Guides with most clients keen to explore the fantastic Black Cuillin. This dramatic mountain range has over 30 different peaks of which 12 are Munros, including the infamous Inaccessible Pinnacle (the In Pinn). We offer a broad range of guiding and instruction based here on Skye. Our itineraries are all bespoke so please feel free to Contact us by telephone or e-mail if you have specific objectives or would like to ask an opinion.
Black Cuillin Prices 2019. Daily rates for private guiding.
|RATIO/NUMBER OF DAYS||1-day Total|
Scrambling is an exhilarating pastime for anyone with a sense of adventure. It is climbing of the simplest, purest and most exhilarating form, often following the crest of an airy ridge. Our guides are experts in knowing how and when to safeguard clients in these situations.
The jewel in the Cuillin crown is the Main Ridge Traverse, Britain’s finest mountaineering challenge. Twenty-two peaks lie in a continuous chain stretching over 12 kilometres and, with over 4000 metres of ascent and descent, gives one of the finest and longest Alpine-style rock routes in Europe.
Skye has such a huge wealth of Rock climbing that two separate guidebooks are now needed to cover the island. The Cuillin edition is written by Skye Guides owner Mike Lates. All of our Guides are keen, active climbers as well as professional instructors. Our local knowledge helps us to find dry rock and suitable routes whatever your experience or ambitions.
For the less adventurous our guides also know plenty of easier routes that allow you to get great photos and views without any need for ropes. They can provide an insight into the natural history, geology and local history on outings arranged to suit you. The Other Services page gives an idea of easier walks, overnight expeditions, natural history walks, photography and many other things that our local knowledge can help out with. Our Why Skye page has inspiring ideas of what makes The Isle of Skye Scotland’s number 2 tourist destination.
Just a few ideas to whet your appetite
- Climb Sgurr Alasdair – the highest point on the Isle of Skye.
- Conquer the Inaccessible Pinnacle – requiring ropes and a strong nerve.
- Ascend Sgurr nan Gillean – regarded by many as the most beautiful of all Cuillin peaks.
- How about Climbing The Cioch where Scottish actor Sean Connery had a sword fight in the film Highlander?
- Introduction to Scrambling on the Cuillin Ridge – a great way to see the views and learn how to stay safe.
- Try Outdoor Rock Climbing – we specialise in teaching rock climbing at all levels.
- Rise to a challenge on a Classic Scramble such as Pinnacle Ridge, Clach Glas, or the Dubhs.
There is a lot of important Information about activities, the mountains, how we do are job and other FAQs available on pages that will open in a seperate window.